Often times as BrightPath, we are approached with this question. With all of the attractions that the island has to offer – beautiful beaches, fantastic restaurants, and a lot of nightlife – it makes it a top tourism destination in the Caribbean.
Although at BrightPath we facilitate persons willing to relocate to Sint Maarten, we felt it’s important to share the requirements for an entry visa to the island for those wishing to visit.
Please note that persons who require a visa to visit St. Maarten must visit the nearest Dutch Embassy or Consulate in their home country and submit the following with a completed application form;
- A passport. All passports should be valid for three months after departure from St. Maarten
- One recent passport-size colored photo
- Proof of booked (return) tickets/ itinerary from travel agency
- For tourist/family visits: legalized invitation (from friends or family with a copy of his/her passport and residence permit if non-national) and guarantee declaration
- For hotel booking: copy of confirmed booking and sufficient funds US $100.00 – US $200.00 per day
- For business: invitation letter from company you are visiting
- If you are a student, please submit a recent and original letter from school, college or university confirming attendance
- Bank letter; evidence of sufficient funds to cover the cost of your intended stay (e.g. original recent bank statement, travelers’ checks)
- A valid medical insurance or travel insurance which also covers medical costs with a minimum coverage of US $15.000.00 or EC $41.000.00
- VISA CANNOT be applied for, more than 3 MONTHS in advance
- Process takes approximately two – three weeks