From white sandy beaches, to a beautiful landscape of hillside and green scenery, a diverse population, several languages spoken such as English/Dutch and French, 2 countries in one, and a local charm, Sint Maarten is a great destination to retire; a sunny paradise located in the Caribbean.
Some general information about Sint Maarten (Dutch Side) is as follows:
- Size: 37 sq. miles
- Language: English / Dutch (other common languages are spoken such as Spanish, French and Chinese)
- Climate: 27-28 C
- Currency: Antillean Guilder / US Dollar / Euro
For retirees, Sint Maarten is a great location to settle in. The current retirement age is 60 years of age. However, if you have savings (in the bank) of minimum USD 255,000.00 and would like to retire on the island, a Pensioner’s permit may be a viable option for you.
The following documents are necessary for this application:
- Copy of valid Passport (all pages and page with the photo must be colored);
- Original Birth Certificate, date of issue cannot be older than 3 years
- Original Police Record (not older than 6 months – translated in to English or Dutch by a certified translators)
- If married, original marriage certificate
- School registration letter for the children (if applicable);
- A letter of consent or proof of custody of the children, if one of the parents of one or more children is staying in the country of origin
- Proof of sufficient income
After your first year of residence, and in order to renew your Pensioner’s permit, it is required to make a real estate investment of minimum value USD 255,000.00.
BrightPath can assist you with your retirement in Sint Maarten, with immigration and more. BrightPath also provides you the option of assisting with your retirement in either Sint Maarten or Belize. For more information regarding the retirement option, contact us today! We are located at Puerta del Sol Building, Unit #17 in Simpson Bay or call us at +1721 526-2771 | email@example.com